Old But Gold / Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You

I was browsing trough my old CD's and guess what I found... Pure platinum track. Well guys, if you don't know at least one fact about Stardust, either you're a retard or you don't REALLY listen to house music.

The year was 1998, Stardust the electronic house music band was formed and it consisted of Benjamin Diamond, Alan Braxe and Thomas Bangalter (One half of Daft Punk, as we all know).

“Music Sounds Better With You” was the only track from project Stardust, and the 3 never collaborated again. They have become household names in the music industry after all these years but that track is unforgettable.

The song uses a catchy as hell sample from the track “Fate” by Chaka Khan and became one of the highest selling singles in UK. It was also used in Daft Punk in their live album Alive 2007, along with element of “One More Time” & “Human After All”.

So what are we doing looking ten years back? We are not looking back in anger but a few artists have decided to add their touch to the track and it must be said that it is a wonderful surprise. The original single had a radio edit, club remix and a Bob Sinclair remix included as well, but nothing compares to the original...

The video of the track was done by none other than Michel Gondry himself. It a a throwback to days where Michel was still doin MTV vids and Daft Punk wasn’t even famous. You have to watch it and download tracks below of course. You just have to, that's it. Point made.

Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (Radio Edit)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (12'' Club Mix)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (Bob Sinclar Remix)


14 comments:

K-AsH said...

Nothing can describe how pleased and surprised I am by this amazing post. I always knew this song, I remember it from my childhood, but I never had it downloaded and almost forgotten it. Thank You so much, this is an amazing track, this is an amazing blog...!

Rico said...

diz track still my gold tune .. remind me my college days, listening MOS Annual 98 CD...

Anonymous said...

i allready have these tracks, but yeah it is a great post.

next classic posts possibilities: Modjo - Lady (missin it in HQ in my collection) and Phats Ans Small - Turn Around.

Alan Braxe and Fred Falke - Deep in Music, is also a great classic ...


???????

Rico said...

love daft punk alive CD with bonus live track.. the mash-up between Music Sounds Better With you with One more Time accapella.. makes me cry hahaha

and yaa..
phat n small - turn around also a monster classic anthem...

Anonymous said...

Can you ID + Post this WMC Bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgDOhEGm42w

Anonymous said...

love the kid massive remix too

DJHigh said...

Thank you for thi post. I love this track. When I was about 14 years the song was often played having breakfast. At this time I didn't know that it would become a real Classic! Listening to this song brings me back in the late 90's, when I was young ;-). Wonderful!

PS: Modjo and Phat N Small --> Awesome!

DJ VoOdoO said...

Lady and Phats & Small I think i got HQ. :)

Great post Miksa! :)

Unknown said...

This tune is my ringtone haha.

I have to admit, the kidd massive one is awesome as well.

Aatrix said...

man this song brings me alot of memories, never forget this song.

YD said...

Kid Massive is the king!!!
And here is the Great rmx of LADY!!!

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/96270332/file.html

YD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

Aaww, I remember this song from my "MTV-watching-days" when I was a kid.
Great song. And like most I've also forgot about it, thanks for the reminder :>

Maybe this could be a recurrent thing, like weekly or monthly, together with your readers/listeners we find "new" forgotten classics :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYofZY__kQ&feature=related

You should take a look on this video...